Aberdeen

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Medina County

Aberdeen was twelve miles northwest of Castroville on Quihi Creek in north central Medina County. Around 1858 J. C. Reid, a traveler who left a journal called "Reid's Tramp," noted two grocery stores and three residents in Aberdeen. The grocery stores, which also served liquor, were used by the community members as places to socialize. Reid recalled in his journal that the surrounding fields appeared to yield good corn. The exact location of Aberdeen and its development beyond that described in Reid's journal are unknown.

Continue Reading

Ruben E. Ochoa | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Aberdeen is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Aberdeen is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No