Ady

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Potter County

Ady, on Farm Road 1061, is in a farming and ranching area south of the Canadian River in northwestern Potter County. The first settler in this vicinity was Agapito Sandoval, one of Casimero Romero's pastores, who located his family and sheep on Corsino Creek near the north bank of the Canadian. Ady, on the opposite bank, began as a switch on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway in 1887. The Texas Sand and Gravel Pit was started here in 1941. In 1984 there was a cemetery at Ady but no community center or listed population.

Continue Reading

H. Allen Anderson | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Ady is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Ady is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 35.48560410
Longitude: -102.13241410

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No