Avalon was a school community west of the site of Roby on Alkali Creek in central Fisher County. It was established in the late 1880s. The school seems to have been initially known as Alkali, although two separate districts, Avalon and Alkali, were reported in 1890. At any rate, the school was known as Avalon after absorbing the nearby Fairview district around 1890. Sometime later Avalon was moved north and reestablished on land given by W. Eaton on the Clear Fork of the Brazos River. While in this second location, the settlement was occasionally referred to as Chickenfoot. The school was used as a church and meetinghouse by area settlers. The attempt to merge the Avalon school with the Roby school in 1924 was defeated in an election. The Avalon district was then divided by Roby and Rotan in 1925.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Alkali is part of or belongs to the following places:
Alkali is classified as a Town
Has Post Office