Allendale is on Farm Road 2650 just southwest of Wichita Falls in southeastern Wichita County. The settlement was established in 1889 and named for Elbert Allen and B. Dale Hinkle. These two men, with A. D. Butcher, purchased a plot on the center block of Wichita County land from Denton County and founded Allendale. By 1892 the small farming community had a post office, a general store, and a school. The post office ceased operation in 1895, was reopened in 1903, and closed permanently sometime after 1930. The Allendale school closed sometime during the 1940s. State highway maps of 1936 showed a church and scattered dwellings at the townsite on the Burlington Northern tracks.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Allendale is part of or belongs to the following places:
Allendale is classified as a Town
Has Post Office