Alum

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Wilson County

Alum was just off State Highway 123 sixteen miles northeast of Floresville in northeastern Wilson County. The community was settled before 1900. In 1910 it reported a population of twenty-five. G. A. Burris operated a general store until about 1920. Maps of 1936 showed a rural school. In the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Alum is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Alum is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.29523970
Longitude: -97.96472610

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No