Andrews

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Wood County

Andrews was 6½ miles east of Quitman in northeastern Wood County. The settlement received a post office in 1885 and the following year reported a population of six. By 1892 the community had grown to 100, had two Methodist ministers, and supported a carpenter, a distiller, and two combination gristmill-gins. The population declined to fifteen by 1896, and by 1906 the post office had closed.

Continue Reading

Rachel Jenkins | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Andrews is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Andrews is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Oak Grove)

Location

Latitude: 32.82151660
Longitude: -95.34494840

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No