Rayland, on Highway 98 in the northeastern corner of Foard County, was founded in 1885 by P. S. and James S. Ray and granted a post office in 1887. In 1908 the post office was moved to Antelope Springs, a trading post on the Hardeman-Wilbarger county line 3½ miles east, but it retained the name Rayland. A Rayland school was built in 1899 and, after several relocations, closed in 1949. The post office closed in 1920. In 1940 the town had eighty residents, three businesses, and two churches. The population was thirty in 1980 through 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Antelope is part of or belongs to the following places:
Antelope is classified as a Town
Has Post Office