Arleston

Arleston was a post office community six miles northwest of Deberry in northeastern Panola County. It was probably established in the late 1870s. Its post office operated from 1881 until 1906, and in the early 1890s the settlement had two general stores, a cotton gin and mill, and an estimated population of thirty. By the mid-1930s Arleston no longer appeared on highway maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Arleston is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Arleston is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Sunny Point)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No