Arnottville was on State Highway 171 three miles north of Hillsboro in central Hill County. The community was probably named for Albert M. Arnott (Arnot), who owned 2,000 acres in the area on which he ran cattle. Arnott donated half an acre to build a school and church. The church was used as a circuit-rider stop and usually held Church of Christ services. Because of its proximity to cattle trails the area was a popular resting place for cowboys. In 1905 the Arnott school had sixty-nine pupils. In the 1980s the only remnant of the community was the church, which was no longer in use.
Arnottville is part of or belongs to the following places:
Arnottville is classified as a Town
Has Post Office