Avaton was on Little Cypress Bayou nine miles from Longview and twenty miles west of Marshall in western Harrison County. It had a post office from 1884 to 1902. In 1896 the community had a cotton gin and gristmill, a district school, and Methodist and Baptist congregations. Avaton was gone by the 1940s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Avaton is part of or belongs to the following places:
Avaton is classified as a Town
Has Post Office