Averitt was on Lipan Creek adjacent to Hess, south of Mereta in east central Tom Greene County. In 1931 the school had two teachers and offered nine grades. In 1936 the school was called Hess-Averitt School on state highway maps, and in 1939 the average attendance was ten. By the 1980s the community had disappeared.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Averitt is part of or belongs to the following places:
Averitt is classified as a Town
Has Post Office