Bagby

Bagby is on Farm Road 1550 fifteen miles southeast of Bonham in the southeastern corner of Fannin County. In 1895 the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway established the community as a railroad stop. That same year the Bagby post office opened. By 1900 the settlement had a church, a school, a drugstore, two gins, a general store, and a sawmill. In 1904, however, the post office closed. In 1944 the railroad discontinued service to the town. Since the end of World War II, Bagby has served as a church and school community for area farmers.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Bagby is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Bagby is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.48455090
Longitude: -95.91941140

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No