Bald Hill

Bald Hill is on Farm Road 326 eight miles southeast of Lufkin in central Angelina County. The area was settled before 1900. By the 1930s the settlement had three churches, several stores, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II many residents left the area, but in the early 1990s Bald Hill had three churches, a community center, and a few scattered houses. In 2000 the population was 100.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Bald Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Bald Hill is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.23963210
Longitude: -94.64492800

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

100