Baldwin is on the Louisiana and Arkansas Railway fourteen miles northeast of Marshall in northeastern Harrison County. The settlement was named for the J. B. Baldwin family of Marshall and had a post office from 1902 to 1915. In 1914 Baldwin had an estimated population of 350 inhabitants and two sawmills, two general stores, one cotton gin, and an apiarist. By 1933 the population had declined to twenty-five, and there was one business in the town. In 1990 Baldwin consisted of a few scattered dwellings.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Baldwin is part of or belongs to the following places:
Baldwin is classified as a Town
Has Post Office