Beattie

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Comanche County

Beattie, on Farm Road 588 in north central Comanche County, was named for pioneer Charles F. Beatty, who settled there in 1892. The community had a grocery store, cotton gin, drugstore, barbershop, and telephone exchange in the early 1900s. A Beattie post office operated from 1902 to 1908. The population was listed as 115 in 1930, when the town had four businesses. By 1945 the residents had declined to fifty and the businesses to two. By the late 1980s the community had no businesses. The population was still fifty in 2000.

Continue Reading

Julius A. Amin | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Great Texas Land Rush logo
Adoption Status:
This place has been adopted and will not be available until April 26, 2024
Adopted by:
John Beatty
Dedication Message:
For all the Beattys with the original spelling of the town or otherwise

Belongs to

Beattie is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Beattie is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Dewey)
  • (Oakflatt)

Location

Latitude: 32.03819850
Longitude: -98.69255170

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

48