Beckman (Beckmann) was near the junction of Interstate Highway 10 and Loop 1604, fourteen miles northwest of downtown San Antonio in northwestern Bexar County. The site was settled before 1900 and named for John Beckmann, artist and recluse, who spent his last years there. In the mid-1930s Beckman was a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. The chief industry was a limestone quarry. In 1940 the settlement had a store, a church, and a population of twenty-five. After World War II most of the residents moved away, but as late as 1984 Beckmann was still shown on maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Beckman is part of or belongs to the following places:
Beckman is classified as a Town
Has Post Office