Bell Branch was just west of Farm Road 876 on Bell Branch, ten miles southwest of Waxahachie in southwestern Ellis County. Bell Branch Lake was built as a water reservoir for the International-Great Northern Railroad when it came through the community in 1903, but by the 1950s the area surrounding the lake was used as a private country club. In the 1930s and 1940s the community was in a cattle-raising area and had a population of twenty and one business. In 1980 Bell Branch was still listed as a community. In 2000 the population was twenty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Bell Branch is part of or belongs to the following places:
Bell Branch is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009