Big Head Village
Big Head (Bighead) Village, one of the earliest settlements in Gregg County, was located east of Big Head Creek near the site of the later Presbyterian church at New Danville, on the northeastern edge of the site of present Kilgore. The name of the community is believed to have come from a Cherokee word, but it is unclear whether Big Head was established by Indians. Maps show a settlement at the site as early as the mid-1840s, and the community is mentioned in a document as late as 1850. By the 1860s the settlement had disappeared, and no trace remains.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Big Head Village is part of or belongs to the following places:
Big Head Village is classified as a Town
Has Post Office