Blakeney, a mile south of the Red River in north central Red River County, was begun in the early 1850s and developed around a store, which was operated by M. C. Albudy in 1890. A local post office was established with M. B. Yarbrough as postmaster in 1904 and replaced by rural delivery in 1918. The population of Blakeney was 100 in 1910; in 1940 one business and a population of twenty-five were reported. In 1984 Blakeney consisted of widely scattered houses and no businesses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Blakeney is part of or belongs to the following places:
Blakeney is classified as a Town
Has Post Office