Board

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Board was twelve miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County. When resident Jim Board met with the county judge and others to establish a local school on land donated by early settlers, the school was named in his honor. Enrollment reached twenty-six in 1905. The Board school was consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District in 1949. Jones Cemetery, located in Board north of Farm Road 1395, dates to the 1870s and is all that remains of the Board and Jones communities.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Board is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Board is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Jones)

Location

Latitude: 32.75751300
Longitude: -95.91772300

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No