Benina was twenty miles south of San Augustine in southeastern San Augustine County. The settlement was granted a post office named Ashton in 1871, and the name was changed to Boren's Mills in 1874. The community had an estimated 100 inhabitants, three cotton gin-gristmill combinations, and a blacksmith shop in 1884. The name was changed again to Benina in 1889. F. C. Powell was running a general store in the town in 1890. In 1896 Benina had a population of thirty and Methodist and Baptist churches. In 1914 the population had dropped to twenty-five inhabitants. The post office closed in 1920, and by the 1940s Benina was no longer listed on state highway maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Borens Mills is part of or belongs to the following places:
Borens Mills is classified as a Town
Has Post Office