Boswell is on Boswell Creek and a country road off Farm Road 1375, thirteen miles southeast of Huntsville in southeastern Walker County. In 1881 community residents organized the Boswell Creek Baptist Church. Members met in a nearby log schoolhouse until 1883, when a church building was constructed on donated land. In 1896 a post office opened at Boswell, and by 1914 the community had ten residents and a general store-post office operated by J. M. Baird. The post office closed in 1921. By 1940 Boswell had the church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered dwellings. The community's Baptist church was rebuilt several times, and the structure built in 1928 still stood in 1982, when the church received a Texas Historical Commission marker. In 1990 the community was still named on the county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Boswell is part of or belongs to the following places:
Boswell is classified as a Town
Has Post Office