Boyds Chapel is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 180 and Farm Road 126, in west central Jones County. The site was settled in the early 1890s and named for Alex Boyd. A school was built there in 1895. Various faiths met in a church built by the Methodists until the Baptists also built a church. A local school district was established in 1927, but some years later the school closed. Boyds Chapel had a store from 1916 until sometime after 1947.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Boyds Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
Boyds Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office