Bradley, sixteen miles northeast of Cleburne in extreme northeastern Johnson County, was established in 1855, when Jackson Bradley built a school near the banks of Mountain Creek on land that was then in Ellis County. In 1881 the county line was moved east and the school and settlement became part of Johnson County. In 1900 the local school had eighty-seven pupils and one teacher, but by 1905 it had been consolidated with nearby schools. That year Bradley was a switch on the International and Great Northern Railroad. In the 1930s and 1940s the community reported a population of twenty-five, with one business. A church and a school served area residents in 1940. The community was abandoned sometime after the 1940s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Bradley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Bradley is classified as a Town
Has Post Office