Branch

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Collin County

Branch is on the shoreline of Lavon Lake eleven miles southeast of McKinney in southern Collin County. The settlement was named for J. T. Branch, who operated a general store there. A post office operated at the community from 1901 until 1903, when mail was routed through nearby Clear Lake. In 1960 the population of Branch was twenty-five; in 1980 and 1990 it was estimated at 447. The population remained unchanged in 2000.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Branch is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Branch is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.10261800
Longitude: -96.51609940

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

530