Brazos, on Farm Road 129 and the Missouri Pacific Railroad in southeastern Palo Pinto County, was established when the Texas and Pacific Railway reached the area in 1880. The community was named for the Brazos River, which the railroad crossed at its site. The town had a population of 113 and four stores by 1940. Its population was reported as forty-seven in 1980 and 1990, but rose to ninety-seven by 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Brazos is part of or belongs to the following places:
Brazos is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Brazos by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."
|112||2020||United States Census Bureau|