Bright

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Bright, eight miles north of Dawson in western Navarro County, was probably established in the late 1890s. A post office opened there in 1900 and operated until 1904. At its height around 1900 the community had a store, a gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s Bright was no longer shown on highway maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Bright is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Bright is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Talbot)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No