Bright Star

Bright Star, at the intersection of Farm roads 47 and 1395, eighteen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that reached an enrollment of 102 in 1905 and was consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 showed a business, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by the 1980s only the church, the cemetery, and residences along the highway remained.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Bright Star is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Bright Star is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Guy)
  • (Sava)

Location

Latitude: 32.79956950
Longitude: -95.95107820

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No