Brownsboro is on Farm Road 1322 eight miles southeast of Lockhart in south central Caldwell County. Prior to being settled in the 1850s, the Clear Fork Baptist Church was established there in 1848. The community that grew up around the church was named for R. A. Brown. In the 1920s the community's economy received a boost from the discovery of oil in nearby fields. Brownsboro had a store, a gin, and a school, in addition to the church, to serve about fifty families. In the 1930s the community had a semiprofessional baseball team. Brownsboro began to fade in the 1940s, when the population fell to twenty-five. Area children attended the nearby Oakland school until it was consolidated with the Lockhart Independent School District in 1949. A few scattered houses remained at the site of Brownsboro in the 1980s. In 2014 the population was estimated at fifty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Brownsboro is part of or belongs to the following places:
Brownsboro is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Brownsboro by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."