Bruce was fifteen miles northwest of Cleburne in western Johnson County. The site was settled in the early 1880s and named for early settler Horatio Gates Bruce. By the mid-1880s the community had two churches, a school, and a general store. Between 1885 and 1891 it had a post office. In 1892 it had four businesses and a population of fifty. During the first three decades of the twentieth century most of the families moved to nearby Godley. By 1930 Bruce was no longer an organized community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Bruce is part of or belongs to the following places:
Bruce is classified as a Town
Has Post Office