Bryans Mill is at the junction of Farm roads 994 and 1766, seventeen miles northwest of Linden in northwestern Cass County. In 1873 W. C. Bryan and W. T. Stewart constructed a sawmill at the site. In 1879 the two men applied for a post office, asking that it be designated as Bryan-Stewart Mill. Postal officials in Washington, however, named the office Bryan's Mill and appointed W. T. Stewart the first postmaster. The site became a gathering place and supply point for area farmers. By 1884 the town had a gin, grist and saw mills, two churches, a school, and an estimated population of 250. Toward the end of the nineteenth century the population began to decline and by 1900 had fallen to 109. The post office was closed in the 1950s, and in 1990 the town had a population of 71 with no rated businesses. The population remained the same in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Bryans Mill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Bryans Mill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Bryans Mill by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."