Bunger

Bunger, on Farm Road 1287 eight miles south of Graham in southeastern Young County, was originally settled in 1872 by W. T. and Sam Bunger. A post office was established there in 1909, closed in 1920, reopened in 1921, and closed again in 1955. In 1940 Bunger comprised twenty-five residents and one store. From 1974 to 1990 its population was estimated at twenty-six. In 2000 the population was forty.

Continue Reading

William R. Hunt | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Bunger is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Bunger is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Caseyville)
  • (Lin)

Location

Latitude: 33.01372880
Longitude: -98.59394660

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

24