Buster

Share This Page

Buster, on Farm Road 182 five miles south of Turnersville in northern Coryell County, was named for J. V. (Jack) Buster, who had a farm and ranch in the vicinity in 1872 and who gave land for a school in 1883. The school had sixty students and one teacher in 1904; it was consolidated with the Turnersville school in 1929. No evidence of Buster was shown on the 1988 county highway map.

Continue Reading

Zelma Scott | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Buster is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Buster is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No