Cabell

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Fort Bend County

Cabell, four miles northeast of Richmond in Fort Bend County, was part of the original Oyster Creek settlement. An early landowner in the area was Dr. Matthew A. Moore, who in 1852 established a plantation there. An extension of the Missouri-Pacific line from Sugar Land made Cabell a shipping point for rice, cotton, and other products grown on surrounding farms. By 1936 the entire area had been absorbed by a state prison farm (see PRISON SYSTEM).

Continue Reading

Stephen L. Hardin | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cabell is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cabell is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No