Caddell was on Caddell Creek and a country road twenty-five miles south of San Augustine in far southern San Augustine County. The community received a post office in 1890 and had a population of fifty by 1896. The Caddell school enrolled twenty-eight students in 1904. In 1940 the community had scattered dwellings, a cemetery, and a school. The site was inundated by Sam Rayburn Reservoir in the 1960s; Caddell Cove, an inlet on the lake, preserves the name of the community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Caddell is part of or belongs to the following places:
Caddell is classified as a Town
Has Post Office