Calhoun, among the earliest settlements in Gregg County, was probably founded in the 1850s and was located on or near Rabbit Creek in the southern portion of the county, near the site of the present western edge of Kilgore. Maps show a settlement in the area in the mid-1850s, and a post office operated there from 1853 to 1855. After the Civil War Calhoun disappeared, and no trace remains.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Calhoun is part of or belongs to the following places:
Calhoun is classified as a Town
Has Post Office