Callis

Callis, also known as Oak Grove, was twenty-five miles northeast of McKinney in northeastern Collin County. A post office operated there from 1891 through 1904. By 1900 the community had a population of fifty, two stores, a cotton gin, a church, and a school. Its population stood at twenty-five by the mid-1940s, the last time population statistics were reported.

Continue Reading

Brian Hart | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Callis is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Callis is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Oak Grove)

Location

Latitude: 33.33856600
Longitude: -96.34509900

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No