Carlisle is on State Highway 114 and the Santa Fe Railroad three miles east of Reese Air Force Base and five miles west of Lubbock in west central Lubbock County. It was named for rancher W. A. Carlisle and grew up around a school in the early twentieth century. A congregation of the Church of Christ met there from 1918 to 1923. By 1927 the Carlisle school was one of twenty-six rural educational districts in the county. Carlisle combined with Hurlwood, Wolfforth, and Foster to form the Frenship Rural School District in 1935. The town had two stores and was known as the site of the largest vineyard in Northwest Texas during the 1940s. In 1983 Carlisle was still listed as a community, but on January 27, 1984, it was annexed to Lubbock.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Carlisle is part of or belongs to the following places:
Carlisle is classified as a Town
Has Post Office