Caruthers was near Clawson in west central Angelina County. Around 1900 a logging camp was established at the site and named for an official with the logging company. At one time the Peavy family operated a small sawmill nearby. A post office opened in June 1908 but was suspended in August of the same year. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Caruthers is part of or belongs to the following places:
Caruthers is classified as a Town
Has Post Office