Cavitt is at the intersection of Farm roads 1996 and 107, four miles south of Oglesby in eastern Coryell County. The Cavitt switch was established two miles west of the community on the Texas and Saint Louis Railway, which built through the area in 1882. Both the switch and the community were named after Andrew Cavitt, who owned a land headright in the area in the 1830s. The Cavitt school had twenty-nine students and one teacher in 1904; it was consolidated with the Oglesby Independent School District by the early 1950s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Cavitt is part of or belongs to the following places:
Cavitt is classified as a Town
Has Post Office