Cedar Creek

Cedar Creek is at the intersection of Farm Road 322 and State Highway 294, by Cedar Creek nine miles southwest of Palestine in southwestern Anderson County. In 1932 Cedar Creek school district had a school serving forty-nine White pupils and a school serving seventy-three Black pupils. In the 1930s the community had two churches, two schools, and a number of scattered dwellings. Cedar Creek school district was consolidated with Elkhart schools by 1955. In 1982 the community had a number of dwellings and, about one-half mile north of the crossroads, Cedar Creek church. The church was still on the site in 1985. By 2000 only a cemetery was shown on county maps.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cedar Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cedar Creek is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.64600690
Longitude: -95.66078870

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No