Cedar Mill was on the old road from Austin to Hamilton Valley (now Burnet) near the intersection of Farm Road 243 and Ranch Road 1174 in Burnet County. The first settler came in 1854. Alexander Barton, a miller, ran a sawmill, gristmill, and flour mill on the south fork of Oatmeal Creek. There were also merchants and a saddletree maker. The early settlers came from South Carolina, Missouri, and Illinois. During the 1860s an Austin-Burnet road was charted on more favorable terrain. This caused the citizens of Cedar Mill to move in the 1870s to a site north of the South San Gabriel River, where they called their new settlement South Gabriel.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Cedar Mill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Cedar Mill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office