Center, also known as Center Point, is on a country road one mile south of U.S. Highway 180 and four miles west of Roby in western Fisher County. Center Point school was operating on a site 1½ miles east of the later site of the community by 1889. The school was moved to its current site sometime thereafter, and its name was changed to Center. In 1940 Center had the school, Fairview Church, and a number of scattered dwellings. The school was consolidated with that of Roby in 1947 but was briefly reopened several years later as the black school for the Roby district. In the 1980s all that remained in the community were a number of homes.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Center is part of or belongs to the following places:
Center is classified as a Town
Has Post Office