Center Point, also known as Pleasant Grove, is a farming community just off Farm Road 1404, ten miles southwest of Gilmer in southwestern Upshur County. It was established before the Civil War. During the antebellum period (see ANTEBELLUM TEXAS) a school known as Pleasant Grove operated in the settlement. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a cemetery, and a number of scattered houses. During the 1950s most of its residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Gladewater school district, and by the mid-1960s all that remained of Center Point was a cemetery and a few houses. In 1990 Center Point was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was fifty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Center Point is part of or belongs to the following places:
Center Point is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Center Point by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."