Chambliss

Chambliss, on Farm Road 545 seven miles northeast of McKinney in northeastern Collin County, was named in honor of Charles Chambliss, an early settler. In 1900 the community had a school, a church, a gin, and two stores. A post office was established there in 1898, but in 1903 it was closed, and local mail was rerouted through Anna, three miles northwest. From 1933 to 2000 the population of Chambliss was twenty-five.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Chambliss is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Chambliss is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Stoney Point)

Location

Latitude: 33.29483570
Longitude: -96.49526390

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

29