Chapel Hill is off Farm Road 2088 fifteen miles northwest of Gilmer in northwestern Upshur County. Some sources say the town was established before 1872 by settlers from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In the mid-1930s the community had a church and a small number of scattered houses. Children attended school at Piney Grove or Mount Lebanon. In the mid-1960s Chapel Hill had a church and a few houses. In 1990 it had a store and a church.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Chapel Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Chapel Hill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office