Cheisa

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Dallas County

Cheisa was near the intersection of Cheisa Road and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad tracks, three miles southeast of Rowlett and ten miles northeast of downtown Dallas in northeastern Dallas County. It was named for John Cheisa, who settled in the area on Duck Creek before 1848. A store was moved from Rowlett to the Cheisa farm in the late 1880s, when the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line was built through the area. Cheisa was a railroad community by 1892; it had a switch on the railroad and eventually received a station. Its population was twenty-five in 1915, and it had twenty residents from the mid-1930s to the mid-1940s, after which no population statistics were available. In the 1980s the former townsite was within the city limits of Rowlett.

Continue Reading

Lisa C. Maxwell | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cheisa is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cheisa is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No