Chinquapin

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Chinquapin was twelve miles south of Canton in extreme south central Van Zandt County. In 1890 it had a school, that reached an enrollment of forty-six in 1904 and was consolidated with the Athens Independent School District by the 1950s. A cemetery and scattered dwellings marked the community on state highway maps in 1987. Chinquapin was still listed as a community in 1990.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Chinquapin is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Chinquapin is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.37542130
Longitude: -95.87552190

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No