Chub was located about four miles northeast of Midland in Midland County. It probably developed as a station point on the Texas and Pacific Railway after that line came through the area in the early 1880s. Both railroad and highway maps in 1936 listed Chub, and the stop had a pumping station, tanks, and a row of dwellings. By the 1970s highways maps of that section of railway along U.S. Highway 80 no longer showed Chub, but U.S. topographical maps still identified it as a populated place in the 1990s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Chub is part of or belongs to the following places:
Chub is classified as a Town
Has Post Office