Claybank

Claybank, 4½ miles east of Kilgore in south central Gregg County, was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated from 1897 until 1902. Around 1900 the small settlement had a general store and a number of houses. By the early 1920s the community no longer appeared on maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Claybank is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Claybank is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Butts)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No